Nose surgery (Rhinoplasty) / Septoplasty
Rhinoplasty is the intervention which main objective is improving the appearance of the nose, either to reshape the tip, remove a hump or improve an angle between the nose and the upper lip that is not very harmonious.
Nose Surgery – Hump Removal
Nose Surgery – Remodeling of the tip
PRE SURGICAL PROCESS
Important to Know
- Acetylsalicylic acid (Aspirin)
- NSAID medications
- Diet pills
- Hormonal supplements
- Herbal supplements
- Vitamin E
- Omega 3
- Ginkbo Biloba
- Medications for anxiety, depression, and insomnia can continue.
- Medications for high blood pressure, diabe-tes, heart disease, and thyroid problems should be taken as directed by the prescrib-ing physician.
Pre operation Blood Tests
- Hematic Biometry
- Blood Chemistry
- Prothrombin time
- Partial Thromboplastin Time
We have a list of specialist partners who support us with the assessments for our patients.
This protocol is to maximize the certainty that our patients are in the best health condition for your surgery.
The tests performed are:
- PCR, for its acronym in English for 'Polymerase Chain Reaction', is a diagnostic test that allows detecting a fragment of the genetic material of a pathogen, it is being used to determine whether or not a person is infected with COVID. It must be done no more than 5 days before surgery.
- Antibody test, unlike PCR, these tests do not identify the RNA of the virus, but rather detect antibodies produced against the virus using a blood sample, which is another way of knowing if the patients have an infected status.
Pre surgical Evaluation
Drugs render a patient unresponsive and unconscious. They are normally administered intravenously (IV) or inhaled. Under general anesthesia, the patient is unable to feel pain and may also have amnesia.
Important; The estimated time provided in this information is only about the surgical procedure, the preparation and recovery time must be considered.