Skin Removal After Major Weight Loss
After Major Weight Loss
Reduces excess sagging skin that droops downward
• Tightens and smoothest the underlying supportive tissue that defines the shape of the upper arm
Reduces localized pockets of fat in the upper arm region
If fitness and weight control efforts have not achieved your goals for a body that is firmer, more youthful-looking and more proportionate to your overall body image, a surgical lift may be right for you.
Aging, sun damage, pregnancy, significant fluctuations in weight and genetic factors may contribute to poor tissue elasticity that can result in sagging of the buttocks.
In order to achieve a smoother and more pleasing contour, excess sagging skin and fat are removed.
A traditional gluteal lift will not make a butt larger, but may improve a dimpled, irregular skin surface.
This procedure may be included in a body lift or may be performed separately.
Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
A breast lift can rejuvenate your figure with a breast profile that is more youthful and uplifted. A woman’s breasts often change over time, losing their youthful shape and firmness. These changes and loss of skin elasticity can result from:
The procedure can dramatically reduce the appearance of a bulging abdomen. It is important to know that in cases of massive weight loss the incision can be combined with a horizontal and a vertical cut, this depends on the assessment of the Plastic Surgeon.
It is indicated for:
– Excess or sagging abdominal skin
– A protruding abdomen out of proportion to the rest of your body
o Abdominal muscles that have been separated and weakened
o Excess of fat tissue that is concentrated in your abdomen
If you have plans to become pregnant or lose weight in the future, it is important to discuss this with your plastic surgeon.
PRE SURGICAL PROCESS
Important to Know
- Acetylsalicylic acid (Aspirin)
- NSAID medications
- Diet pills
- Hormonal supplements
- Herbal supplements
- Vitamin E
- Omega 3
- Ginkbo Biloba
- Medications for anxiety, depression, and insomnia can continue.
- Medications for high blood pressure, diabe-tes, heart disease, and thyroid problems should be taken as directed by the prescrib-ing physician.
Pre operation Blood Tests
- Hematic Biometry
- Blood Chemistry
- Prothrombin time
- Partial Thromboplastin Time
We have a list of specialist partners who support us with the assessments for our patients.
This protocol is to maximize the certainty that our patients are in the best health condition for your surgery.
The tests performed are:
- PCR, for its acronym in English for 'Polymerase Chain Reaction', is a diagnostic test that allows detecting a fragment of the genetic material of a pathogen, it is being used to determine whether or not a person is infected with COVID. It must be done no more than 5 days before surgery.
- Antibody test, unlike PCR, these tests do not identify the RNA of the virus, but rather detect antibodies produced against the virus using a blood sample, which is another way of knowing if the patients have an infected status.
Pre surgical Evaluation
Important; The estimated time provided in this information is only about the surgical procedure, the preparation and recovery time must be considered.
Importante; el tiempo estimado que se proporciona en esta información es solo sobre el procedimiento quirúrgico, ya que se tiene que tomar en cuenta el tiempo de preparación y recuperación.